Industry 4.0 and "smart factories" are transforming the manufacturing industry. As manufacturers embrace digital transformation and IT/OT convergence, they are expanding their attack surface and increasing their risk of vulnerability exploitation, production sabotage, IP leakage, and other security issues.
Sophos delivers Cybersecurity-as-a-Service backed by our security specialists that monitor your IT environment 24/7/365. We detect and respond to cyberattacks targeting manufacturers' servers, industrial control systems, networks, cloud workloads, email accounts, and more.
Stop Ransomware Attacks and Data Breaches
Sophos Managed Detection and Response (MDR) is a fully managed 24/7/365 service delivered by experts that detect and respond to sophisticated cyberattacks that technology solutions alone cannot prevent.
Sophos MDR meets you where you are. It's compatible with:
- Your existing security investments – we can use Sophos tools, third-party tools, or any combination of the two
- Your needs – whether you want full-scale incident response or help making accurate security decisions, we've got you covered
- Your industry – Sophos MDR secures hundreds of manufacturing organizations worldwide; we understand the industry's threats and are building "community immunity"
Explore the world's number-one MDR service today.
The State of Ransomware in Manufacturing and Production 2023
With Sophos MDR, we have reduced our threat response time dramatically.”
Sophos MDR's ability to remediate or remove threats in a swift manner and bring them to our attention frees us up to focus on high-value tasks.”
Sophos releases the IT teams to undertake more proactive tasks instead of being drawn into managing security challenges.”
Secure Access to Your Critical Industrial Control Systems and Data
Manufacturers need to adopt a zero-trust approach of "trust nothing, verify everything" to secure access to their critical infrastructure and proprietary information. Sophos' Zero Trust Network Access solution continuously validates user identity, device health, and compliance before granting access to your applications and data.
Sophos Endpoint and Sophos ZTNA work together to share status and health information to automatically prevent compromised hosts from connecting to your networked resources. They also prevent threats from moving laterally across your organization and getting a foothold on your network.
The Sophos Secure Access portfolio allows you to connect your remote devices and branch offices, deliver critical cloud and SaaS applications, and securely share data. It includes Sophos ZTNA to secure access to your applications, Sophos SD-RED remote Ethernet devices to safely extend your network to your remote devices and branch offices, Sophos Wireless access points for easy and secure wireless networking, and Sophos Switch network access layer switches for secure access on the LAN. Everything is managed through Sophos Central, our all-in-one cloud-based security platform.
- Proactively detect malicious behaviors on your hosts with intelligent threat protection from Sophos Intercept X, which combines deep learning, host intrusion prevention system (HIPS), anti-exploit, anti-adversary, and malicious traffic detection capabilities.
- Get protection that constantly learns and improves with the Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem (ACE), which enables Sophos products to work together and automatically respond to threats and stop and clean them up in seconds.
- See the full cybersecurity picture with Sophos Extended Detection and Response (XDR), which integrates multiple data sources to give you a holistic view of your organization's cybersecurity environment and drills down into granular detail as needed.
- Get emergency support with active threats – even if you're not a Sophos customer. Our team will help you quickly control an attack to protect your networks, applications, and data and mitigate damage and disruption.
- Identify risky users based on their recent web activity and threat and infection history so you can take appropriate action. A user's risk score can help you detect unintentional actions due to a lack of security awareness or a rogue or negligent user.
User-Based Access and Controls
Promote user awareness across all areas of the firewall and user-based policy controls across your applications, websites, traffic shaping (QoS), and other network resources, regardless of the IP address, location, network, or device.
User Risk Visibility
Sophos User Threat Quotient (UTQ) provides actionable intelligence on user behaviors, with insights into the riskiest users and applications to ensure that your policies are enforced before your security is compromised.
Data Loss Prevention
Protect your sensitive data from accidental or malicious disclosure with complete policy control over your web categories, applications, removable media, and mobile devices.
Secure Your Legacy Manufacturing Technology
You need to protect your legacy or unpatched manufacturing control systems and processes from known vulnerabilities. These devices often run out-of-date operating systems or browsers that can't be updated because they are no longer supported – yet they need to be connected to the network.
Sophos Firewall and Sophos SD-RED can help. Put Sophos SD-RED in front of an exposed device, and it tunnels traffic to a protective Sophos Firewall for scanning. If your network is flat, you will likely need to make changes to IP address schemes and possible switch topology – and our technical specialists can discuss your situation and show you how to do this.
Protect Your Data Across Your Multi-Cloud Manufacturing Environments
To power up smart factories, manufacturers are increasingly using cloud platforms and SaaS applications that need to be protected from threats. Sophos Cloud Native Security provides complete multi-cloud security coverage across your environments, workloads, and identities. It protects your cloud infrastructure and data with flexible host and container workload security for Windows and Linux. Multi-layered technologies, including cloud-native behavioral and exploit runtime detections, protect against ransomware and other advanced attacks and identify threats such as container escapes, kernel exploits, and privilege-escalation attempts.
Trusted by Industry Peers and Top Analysts
Sophos has been recognized by industry professionals, analysts, and researchers for our unparalleled protection and unwavering commitment to our customers. Learn more about our peer reviews, awards, analyst reports, and test results.